Using a Two Part Candle Mould with Contrasting Wax Colours
2 part mould x mas tree mpg from The only candle lady on Vimeo.
- Cut mould along score line, also taking off the edges of cast, leaving about 1cm around the shape.
The mould will fit together using the locator spots.
- Locate the wick from along one side using the wick indent at the top to locate it
- Tape wick to the mould top and bottom
- Put a tiny piece of blue tac in the dent of the wick indicator.
- On the other half cut a semi-circular hole in the base so you can pour in the wax
- Put the two halves together
- Place strong clamps (paper foldback clips) around the edges
- Stand the mould in pebbles, or an old mug/bucket/tin and pour in the wax
- NOTE! - The other side of the mould has a "D" shaped cut out for the wax to be poured in the base of the mould/candle. Don't cut both otherwise the wick won't have a support ie as in the picture above.